Tuesday 11 September 2012

Sept 7th – Leask Sask


Sept 7th – Leask Sask                                                                                     Weather – Clear, 9 C
Total Kilometers this trip – 1946.0                                                             Kilometers today – 0

Today was a lazy type of day; nothing planned and do things sporadically.
Vadie slept in, “Jake” and “Bruce” my cockers got me up at 7 am to go outside.  We had a good walk, and then I went to the Post Office to mail a parcel.  As usual, we then stopped by to see Brenda at the Village office.

While I was sitting in the garage, updating the blog, my aunt was teaching Vadie a little about leather work.

I never mentioned too much about my aunt, but she left Powell River, the home town, when I was about 14.  Her children were 7 years younger than myself. They moved to Mullingar Sask. to farm.

Well, my aunt Christine is also very talented.  Like most of her sisters, (which she has many of), she can knit, crochet, sew, garden, and cook wonderful meals.  Well, being on a farm, her husband, Allan took up doing leatherwork.  She worked closely with him, and when he passed away, she has been doing this work steady.
 Bridles
 Saddles
Knitting, crocheting etc
I thought I was doing a good deed for my aunt, and I cut the grass – she told me she had planted a hedge along the front and side of the house.  I saw quite a few of them, but since the grass was long in the front – ahhh dang I cut quite a few of them as well.  I told her what I had done, and her response was: well, I guess they will be really bushy when they start to grow.  What a sweetheart!!!!

Ohh my gosh, there I said that I was going to mention someperson/people who are special and then I stopped, well actually you know this old age thing – I FORGOT.

Tonight, my son, Joe, is that special person.

No comments:

Post a Comment