Wednesday 5 September 2012

Sept 3rd –LLoydminister Ab to Leask Sask


Sept 3rd   –LLoydminister Ab to Leask Sask                                      Weather – Scatt Clouds, Windy, 13 C

Total Kilometers this trip – 1946.0                                                             Kilometers today – 268.8

Well, sitting crosswind to the wind, it howled overtop of the coach all night.  Bruce, our cocker spaniel, is terrified of all the different noises and kept us up most of the night.  At 4 am, I took him out for a walk, at least it wasn’t raining – it was warm though.

When I went to start the coach in the am, it started right away.  We stopped it a few times after that on our trip to Leask Sask. and it started each time.

Again, as it has in the past, the engine purred along, and the trip was uneventful and joyful.
 Bridge over Sask River near Battlefords Sask
 Saskatchewan River
 one of numerous buildings crumbling
We arrived at Leask, parked on a side road, shut the engine down and went to look for my Aunt Christine’s house.  I found it about 300 feet away, went back to the coach – it did not want to start.

We took the dogs for a walk, had lunch and visited my aunt, then just before supper I tried and nothing, so Vadie’s common saying, “It is a switch, it is always a switch”, so I followed her advice and turned on and off a number of switches but mainly the A/T switch.  Sure enough it started.

So tomorrow I will be looking at the solenoid for the A/T switch.



Today’s special person is my second daughter Dannielle, Rob, her husband,  children, Tracey (her husband Riley and son, Matthew), David, Christopher,Frank, Jake and Emily.

No comments:

Post a Comment