Tuesday 12 June 2012

May 25th - $quanderlodge 11 problems

May 25th was the day we were to head up to Halfmoon Bay, BC to help Aunt Mandy with a number of chores.
I was reading the coach in the morning, had it mostly aired up and ready to fire up the engine, to my astonishment, I never received any feedback from the DDEC system from the engine. Engine would turn over but not fire up.  I looked around and could not find anything, so I called Allen Powell, who had previously owned an 88, but he was at work.  I called Randy Dupree, the Guru, and he told me to check a few things, which I had already checked.  I then went to check some other things which he mentioned, and found the holders and wiring in poor shape.  I went to repair some of it, and broke it more than I repaired it.  Called LORDCO, they are like NAPA and they said that they would deliver me the parts but it would be an hour or so.  Got the parts and lo and behold, it still did not work.
Earlier in the week, we were experiencing some 12 volt light flickering, so I turned both the new master and the original master switches on and off to see if that would help.  I was thinking about this so I went and operated the one under the dash a number of times and viola, things started working.  I will be eliminating that master switch because the one in the rear of the coach is much better.

We finally leave for the ferry 5 hours later, then when we get to the ferry, the lineups are long and we end up having to wait 3 hours for the next ferry that will take us.

No comments:

Post a Comment