Sunday 28 October 2012

October 27 & 28th - New Braunfels Texas


October 27 & 28th  - New Braunfels Texas                                          Weather – 11/13 C                         
Total Kilometers this trip – 7073.3                                                        Kilometers today -  0

On Saturday morning I went with Vadie to Gruene TX, this is where the pottery fest was being held.  It is a quaint little community, a real tourist attraction.

At the Pottery Fest there were about 60 potters selling their wares.  Wow what a variety.














I stayed with Vadie for the morning and went to one of the sessions, she showed how to make fancy art one a bowl or pot. Vadie took me back to the coach, where I struggled to get a number of things repaired, which I only made things worse.

My headlights, windshield washer and living room lights did not work. I repaired the living room lights and the windshield washer but then things started going real bad.  Now the headlights, parking lights, turn signals and flashers do not work – dang how frustrating.  We were going to go shopping after the show but I was really tired so we decided to stay at the coach and watch a movie.

On the 28th, I took Vadie to the festival, as she had an awful time finding a parking spot.  I picked her up at 4:30 pm and then we went shopping and out for dinner. Vadie had a wonderful time at the festival and learned lots, enough to take it home and use her knowledge.  We have a movie camera, and she taped a lot of the lessons, which will also help her in case she forgets something.






After taking Vadie to the Pottery Fest, I came back and worked on the bus.  I got the park and headlights working, both low and high beam, the turn signals and 4 way flashers now work as well.  Since things went fairly smooth today, I decided to repair the licence plate backup camera, but then I had to fix the licence plate holder too.  Well, lots got accomplished today.

We went shopping at Buc Ees, wow is this a store, has everything, lots of gas pumps, cheap fuel, gas as well as diesel.

We went and had supper at Grist Mill, an old cotton mill from the turn of the century, the meal was delicious and lots of it.

Tomorrow hopefully I will be able to get make on track with the blog, so many things happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment