Monday 31 December 2012

Dec 30th - Yuma Az


Dec 30th - Yuma Az                                                                      Weather – lo 48/hi 66 scattered cloud 
Total Kilometers this trip -  11067.5                                                Km travelled this day – 0

Today was definitely a chore day. 

I have been working on the top curve of the coach, polishing to get a shine back as well as trying to get some of the branch scratches to disappear.  Well, today I finished.

Just before lunch, we headed to the Laundromat, we started the laundry, then I headed out to Walmart to see if I could find a piece of roundstock for a roller that Herb needs for his coach, and then I also found another seal for the door, the last one was too thick.  I got back just in time to help Vadie fold the clothes.

We learned yesterday that our wonderful neighbour remained in the hospital overnight.  Pat was not sure when Sonny was going to be released, so I told her not to worry about supper, as we would have it ready when they got home.  So, when we got home from the Laundromat, Vadie was busy making supper.   As usual, Vadie had made a very delicious supper.

While Vadie was preparing supper, I went up to check why the down light switch for the TV antenna  would not go out. Inside the mechanism there was a very hard crusted mud dapper nest, I had to remove the cover so I could chisel it out with my screwdriver.  I reset the limit switch, also replaced the bottom rubber pads, and it again works like it was designed.

Last, I again worked on the door somewhat, but still not satisfactory, well I will keep plugging away, sooner or later, it will work as designed.  The problems I am having with the door, whistles in the wind, sometimes hard to close, electric door lock does not close as the door is too far out – all three have to work hand in hand.

Special people today – Fred and Wendy Bellows – for allowing us to stay at their place, helping us with the sound system and TV installation, but mainly for the lovely people that they are.  Thanks again for everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment