Wednesday 21 November 2012

November 20th - Boerne – Mathis, Texas


November 20th    - Boerne – Mathis, Texas                               Weather – Clear     13  C                           
Total Kilometers this trip -  8406.9                                              Kilometers today -  332.8

Well, today I turned 62. 

I know I have lots to be thankful for, Vadie, my children, grandchildren and great-grandchild.  I have a great job, well at least when I left it was LOL, and the Lord provides me with abundance of knowledge.

Today we travelled from Boerne to Mathis Tx.  As in most of our travels we have taken the back roads, or what they call farm roads down here, we try to stay away from the interstates, and other secondary highways.



What we noticed is the abundance of construction going laying new pipelines and building bulk oil storage stations.  There does not seem to be a lack of jobs here.

We arrived at Powell and Char’s about 3:30pm and settled in.
Char made a lovely dinner and a beautiful triple chocolate cake with white icing and red lettering – it was scrumptious.
 Cake, card and Mathis T-shirt
 Yup triple layer
Today was a very good day, and I cannot remember the last time it was 25 C, clear skies on my birthday.
I really could get to like it down here.

No comments:

Post a Comment