Our year long journey came to an end on April 16, 2013. Wow, where did the time go.
To quickly summarize it, it was a hoot, a blast and I would like to be on the road again.
There are too numerous people to thank for the good times whether they hosted us, or helped us around their little part of the country. Each and everyone that we met were helpful, kind and generous. The rally masters did a wonderful job keeping us on the straight and narrow LOL.
Some people which require special mention:
- · Matthew and Shelley Reichert
- · Powell and Char Brown
- · Fred and Wendy Bellows
- · Joe and Pat Garner
- · Terry Angelino and Donna Serneck
Highlites of the journey:
· Wanderlodge rallies (Sante Fe, Alburqueque, Roswell (6 coaches), White Tanks).
· Alburqueque balloon fest
· Pottery shows, festival and potters themselves
· Playing farmer, thanks Powell
· Being a tourist, and enjoying the artistry, scenery and history wherever we went.
· SUNSHINE, yeah we did not have to shovel snow LOL
· Meeting all the wonderful people
Here are some stats which some of you might be interested in.
- Total time on the road was 301 days.
- Visited 3 provinces and 11 states,
- Total coach miles travelled 21,209.2 km or 13,173.4 mi.
- Total car miles travelled 16,350.0 Km or 10,155.3 miles
- Engine run time – 326.84, avg 64.89 KPH or 40.3 MPH
- Averaged 7 mpg (Cdn) or 5.82 mpg (US), this does not exclude generator use. If generator use is factored in at ¾ gallon per hour then fuel mileage is 7.5 mpg (Cdn) or 6.27 mpg (US)
- Fuel price (US Gal) ranged from $3.679 in Texas to $5.264 (Can $1.389 per litre, Terrace BC)
- Generator run time – 198.7 hrs
- Engine has 6322 hours * 66 kph = 417,252kms or 259,162 miles
- Engine used 2 gallons of oil. Vadie’s question, was it burnt or did it get sprayed on the car hmmmm. I have a slight rear engine seal oil leak.
- Generator and Engine oil change was done in Mathis Tx.
We will be making another 4200 km (2600 mile) trip in July to meet our friends from Holland. Can’t wait to be on the road again.