Friday 5 April 2013

April 4th -, 2013 – Medicine Hat Ab



April 4th -, 2013 – Medicine Hat Ab                                    Weather – lo 29/ high 56 Overcast
Total Kilometers this trip -  14844.4                                      Km travelled this day – 0.0

Dang, we woke up this morning and the ground was covered with the white stuff.  What is with this?
I had told my son Joe that I would take him out driving, which I did as the roads were wet but not snow covered. Joe never bothered getting his drivers licence at an earlier age,but he thought it would be a good time to do so now.

I played games with the grandkids and had lots of fun.

In the afternoon, I found a place to get the coach weighed.  While we were visiting Joe Garner, we weighed the coach wheel by wheel with a portable scale, and was horrified to find out that the total coach weight was approx 56k lbs.  On an official scale at a Seed factory, the overall coach weight was 44.4k lbs – what a relief.

Vadie wanted to bring some clay home, but the most important thing to me was the weight of the coach, there was no way I was going to add more weight without knowing the actual weight of the coach.  Vadie was very pleased with the outcome as I allowed her to pick up some more clay.

We had a special guest in the coach tonight, my granddaugther Emily, came in for a sleep over.  She like the Wanderlodge.

As we were getting ready for bed tonight, it started to rain, hmmm getting cold and then the forecast said freezing rain for the morning – yuck.  Our present route also is getting blasted with cold weather, so we will have to wait till Sunday to see what our plans are going to be.

Special Person Today – Doc and Linda – another couple who are having fun living in their Bluebird, helping others and living a dream.  As I said yesterday, hopefully one day we can do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment