Friday 16 November 2012

November 15th - - Gatesville – Lampassas, Texas


November 15th   - - Gatesville – Lampassas, Texas                     Weather – Clear     8  C                        
Total Kilometers this trip – 7861.2                                               Kilometers today -  73.6

What a day to drive. Clear at first then a very light cover of cloud to stop from getting really hot.
It was an interesting day, as we drove alongside Fort Hood which is the largest Forces base in the US.  There were no signs, but there was a fence, and we did see a very large airplane heading to the base, I believe it to have been a C5A Galaxy.
 Gates of individuals
 C5A Galaxy

I thought it was 70 miles, but I forgot that the Streets and Trips was registering in kilometres, so we were in Lampasas very early.  We met Joe and Mary Hankin, fellow BBer who own a 1990 WB.  I have known Joe for a couple of years as we have talked on the telephone a number of times, this was the first time we had met in person.

While I was in Gatesville, I looked on the net to find a new inverter for the coach.  At first I was going to try to go with a sine wave, but I got a Xantrex modified sine wave, identical to the one I have in my coach.  My reason was that I would not have to purchase a new panel and it would also be very easy to reinstall, PLUS it was really cheap, new and we could pick it up, so saved shipping fees etc.

We headed to Kileen for a meeting at 6pm to pick up the inverter.  When we got back to Lampasas, I helped Joe solve the problem with the cablevision in his coach.  Mary had made a nice dinner which we ate when the problem was resolved.

Since we are having fun on this sabbatical, I contacted my boss and requested to start another one in January, this will allow me to have another year off in three years time, should be just right for retirement.

Special Person – Don Sabo, who had his birthday on Nov. 8th. A Belated Happy Birthday to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment