Friday 10 August 2012

August 4th to 6th - Kitimat BC


August 4th to 6th
Location - Kitimat BC
 
I have been neglectful of not posting what we have been doing.  I sort have kept track of what has been happening, as most of it pertains to the upcoming trip.

When  we met with Randy and his group, I knew that I had a coolant leak coming from the circulating pump.  When we parked at Walmart, I used a bucket to catch the leak, but when I came out of the store, I noticed that there was coolant on the tarmac.  This came from what appears to be a leaking hose.

On August 4th, the weather was real nice, and Dave Jones said he would give me a hand to put down some of the 2ft by 2ft concrete slabs, actually he said 6.  By the time we were finished we had laid 30 of them and we were both very tired. He was done, but I continued on with the finishing touches, so I brought the topsoil around and also planted grass.
 Sidewalk

On Monday August 6th, Vadie gave me a hand with removing the cooling hoses to be changed.  I was going to change one, but then after checking them out, I have removed three but I think I will be changing five of them.  This job was particularly dirty, so once I started the job, I had to continue till I was finished.  So, three hoses were removed and the area cleaned up somewhat so I would not get as dirty reinstalling the hoses.
 3 hoses removed


 Dirty Bill, good thing I was wearing coveralls

I also replaced the Groco circulating pump, so that job has been taken care of. 
Another job that is almost complete is the towing system for the HHR.



1 comment:

  1. Allied Electrical is the company manufactures and indirectly exports CP and CPM Coolant Pump Manufacturers, which are an immersion type Centrifugal Pumps. The primary objective of these pumps is dissipation of heat from the work piece and the cutting edges.

    for more details
    please contact
    http://www.alliedelectricals.in/

    ReplyDelete